Monday 6 January 2014

6th of January 2014

So last week's start to the healthy living didn't start. I'm weak, so sue me.

However, today is the proper start in my eyes.

Food wise, I've been good and low calorie. A recommended portion of cereal for breakfast and a sensible lunch.

That said, 45 grams of breakfast cereal is absolutely nothing in the bowl.

I've managed to avoid temptation at work too. Mostly because the canteen in the new office is bloody expensive, but I've also been strong. A weekly event in the new office is croissants delivered for breakfast. I must have walked past them 5 or 6 times but I didn't crack and I resisted. I love croissants so this is a big deal for me.

Further to this, the new office is encouraging me to exercise more.  For a start, as I'm working as a contractor I'm not allowed to park on site. The closest secure car park is nearly a mile away from the office, so there's just under 2 miles of walking a day. The tea room is about 100 paces away from my desk which means I'm managing more milage for my large daily intake of caffeine. Hopefully this will have a nice effect on not only my fitness but my waistline.

It's only day 1 but I'm trying my best to be strong.  Hopefully I can keep the positive mental attitude up.

No comments:

Post a Comment