Wednesday 1 January 2014

January 1st 2014

Ach. Wait. What?

It's New Year's Day? Christ on a bike, when did that happen?

No matter, there are things to be done now. As is customary, I went on absolutely ridiculously this Christmas season. Lots of food, far too many drinks and too many cigarettes. While I may not have a hangover, I am feeling a bit crap in myself.

It's been a while since I blogged last, so here's the quick catchup. In September I started running. The idea was to get into a state where I could do the 2014 Great North Run. I was really enjoying it too, getting up to regular runs of about 3 miles or so and managing it comfortably. I hurt my back this month which has stopped me from running, however I will be picking this up again next week.

In terms of the smoking, I will be stopping again. I managed to do the whole of October without smoking so I know I can do it again with minimal discomfort. That and i've got no money so smoking is something I really could do with kicking.

So here it is, the first day of the year and the last day of living unhealthily. When my current pack is empty, there will be no more cigarettes, exercise commences again next week and the diet starts tomorrow.

As in 2011, I have a wedding to go to in April, so I WILL look good for that.

Bring it on

No comments:

Post a Comment