Monday 17 June 2013

June 17th part 2

Yes, we're here again, another Monday, another moment, another moan and another weigh in.

Lets get straight down to business. My measurements are:

Weight: 25st 12lbs

Chest: 50"
Stomach: 60"
Biceps: 13.5"
Thigh: 31"

So in two weeks I've lost a mammoth 13lbs! That's 1lb shy of a full stone lost. Immense! I've never lost weight like this. I suppose I've never worked this intensely or strictly either, but hey, I'm over the moon. I need to work harder this week to lose 8lbs to keep me on track for my unofficial 2 stone in 30 days target (I don't actually have a target for this first month, just to lose as much as I physically can) but I'm not dwelling on that right now.

On the inches, it's a definite torso reduction which I'm happy about, however, it's not coming off as quickly as I was hoping. My body appears to want to trim fat from other areas first before it starts majorly eating away at the enormous deposit around my midsection. Stupid body.

My biceps and thighs are becoming more muscular, hence why they're not reducing. I'm already starting to see the difference in my biceps as the definition is starting to come in and I can feel the muscle is more solid even when I'm not tensing it.

Now, for the weekly picture. As usual, avert the gaze of small children as it may scar them for life. You've been warned:


Scanning between this weeks picture and last week's, I'm starting to notice differences. I can definitely see that it's coming off my face. I can see my jawline returning and the bit below my chin tightening up a bit. My stomach is continuing to raise as well. This is why I think I'm not losing any inches off my belly, I think fat is going, but as the shape changes it's artificially keeping the circumference the same.

What you can't see in that picture is that I'm also beginning to notice definition around my collar bone and in my neck. My calves are also becoming more defined as I continue to walk and gym. I'm in that wonderful phase where I'm starting to notice the changes every day. 

Today I even had my first clothing victory. My work trousers got ripped in the washing machine last night (God knows how) and were in no fit state to be repaired. As an interim measure, my wife suggested I try an older pair which I had all but abandoned as they no longer fit me. So I tried them on and lo and behold, they fit me. A touch on the snug side but they still fit me. I'm counting it in my book.

There's nothing greater when you're on a diet than being able to get into a garment that you've not worn in years because it was too small. I remember when it happened to me last, it was amazing.

I have several target clothes of varying sizes that I can't wait to get back into. They are (in no particular order):
- My leather jacket
- my good suit
- a black Basick Records T-shirt
- a pair of shorts that irritate my wife no end
- an old Newcastle United replica kit top from the 2004/2005 season (I think? It's the one with Northern Rock written in blue)
- a pair of jeans that I've had for about 8 years that still have the tags on and have never once fit me
- two going out shirts, both black

They're all different sizes so I'll hit different garments as I go an post pictures as I fit into each one.

I've blathered on enough for one night, so I'll wrap this up. Overall, I'm pleased with my progress so far. Hopefully I can maintain weight loss, even if its not at this level. Any weight loss is good weight loss

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha, wives will always have at least one pice of clothing that they will hate and fight to you to throw out :D

    Sadly belly fat is the last one to come off :P Stupid body thinks it's imporant to keep warm the vital organs like liver or something. Bah!

    Great to see you doing those small victories.

    p.s Had to delete first comment. Too many spelling errors :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shorts and that Newcastle tshirt are gone. Missing. Forever!!

    ReplyDelete