Thursday 6 June 2013

June 6th 2013

Boom, boom, BOOM!

I've been feeling great today. A bit more energy and a bit happier. I've still been hungry enough to want to chew my own arm off, but that's to be expected, I'm a big guy who is hardly eating, you do the math.

Today at work I only managed one walk out. This was because I've been incredibly busy being awesome so there was no time for exercise. I didn't actually mind this because it was gym night tonight, so I was going to make up for it.

Tonight's dinner consisted of a rather fabulous chicken stir fry. Lots of protein, lots of vitamins, hardly any carbs. Mint. In fact, despite my allowance of 100g of carbs a day, so far this week I've averaged less than 20g a day. Double mint.

Now when I got to the gym (remember, I like to gym in the evening when it's quiet), I decided that I would have a resistance day to try and balance out the masses of cardio work I've been doing. So I kicked off with 10 mins of cross trainer and set about the weights. 

How much strength have I lost in the last year? Turns out, a lot. Especially in my arms. When I was going to the gym in 2011 I was able to push about 70kg on the chest press, today I was struggling with half of that. 

Most people would be discouraged by a revelation like that, but I'm trying to remain positive in the face of adversity and I've set myself a little challenge. You see, I've never, in my 27 years, never once done a proper, full press up. I've done modified press ups where you arch your back slightly and pivot from your knees instead of your toes, but I've never had the upper body or core strength to do them properly.

So my challenge to myself is to do 10 press ups by September. Can't be that hard, can it?

Anyway, I digress. I'm starting to feel like this diet and exercise régime is beginning to work. I'm over the intense tiredness and I'm feeling good again. The post gym buzz is even better than it was the other day.

In total at the gym I managed a half an hour of solid cardio instead of the 20 mins I managed on Monday. Win.

I'm going back to the gym tomorrow night too but the hard bit comes after that... The weekend! The part of the week where I've always given myself a cheat or treat day. I have to be so strict this month, I can't afford any slips. It will be torture...

No comments:

Post a Comment